jmk51621 Couple of things you might have done wrong.
- Your meat block was to fat
- You under mixed the batter and did not extract enough
protein. Your batch was not sticky enough.
- Your meat temperature was too warm, got to keep
below 40 degrees during entire mixing procedure.
- Your smoker was too warm when you put meat in it,
and got too hot too quick. It did not give the protein
enough time to set up before you started cooking it.
- Also, you need to let the sausage set at room temp
for 15 to 20 minutes or longer before you drown it in ice water.
The ice shocks the sausage when it is 150 to 160
degrees. This will really make it wrinkle
- Try a longer, cooler, cooking cycle. Low and slow.